Friday, October 4, 2013

Inspiration Avenue Challenge-Dia de los Muertos

Over at Inspiration Avenue this week, our challenge was to create an image around The Day of the Dead.  I've lived in Southern California for over 20 years and I have to admit that this holiday seemed a little bit morbid to me at first.  In Mexico, people celebrate their deceased friends and family on Dia de los Muertos.  There are some great links on our IA blog, as well as the other entries for this week's challenge.  I'd encourage you to check them out here.
My image was made with bright and colorful accents that I hope are true to the feeling of the holiday.  Dia de los Muertos is not a sad time.  It's a time of happiness and celebration where one can honor those loved ones who have passed away.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful image......the soul does indeed have wings!

    Happy Sunday,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what great colors in a wonderful piece of art. I like it very much - and yes, you're right, it's a happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a great sugar skull Lou-Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.