Monday, August 19, 2013

Mailbox Surprise-Alpha Stamps Sea Sirens Swap

In my previous post, I showed the three ATCs I made for a swap hosted by Alpha Stamps.  I have to admit that I enjoyed making them and found it difficult to part with them when it came time to put them in the mail.  It's not that I'm a selfish person.  I just get attached to inanimate objects.  The only thing that makes it palatable is that I know I will receive three lovely surprises in the mail.  Today, I opened the padded envelope with excitement.  And I was not disappointed!
 I love the little bottle attached to this one.  It's such a special accent that is perfect with the glittered seashells and jeweled flower scattered on the card with it.  It looks like it washed up on the beach.
 This one has a real seashell, aqua fibers, and some lovely seashells that are very French. 
 The last one's photo really doesn't do it justice.  The dangling shell sequins, fish net, and jewels give it such a special texture.  The layered fish are very cleverly placed as well.

I love all three of these beautiful sea siren ATCs.  I'm so glad I joined this swap because I not only got to create some special images, I received beautiful art to treasure.  I get so many ideas from the work of other artists.  It was lots of fun and I can't wait to do another one.  In fact, I'm working on altered bingo cards right now and will be sharing those soon.  Over at Inspiration Avenue, we'll be hosting a special postcard related swap next month so I guess I will be busy.  

Until next time,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments. If you like my work, please sign up to follow me.